The Lake County Community Fund was established to create a sustainable funding source to accomplish collective goals for the Lake County community.
The Lake County Community Fund (LCCF) helps build ongoing funding and a sustainable future for the extraordinary community of Leadville and Twin Lakes, Colorado.
Donors who want to give to a charity that supports the community can contribute to the fund and know their donation is going to a trusted source. Leadville and Twin Lakes nonprofits can apply for grants through the fund to further their missions.
Together, donors and nonprofits will build a long-term source of funding—and a sustainable future—for Lake County.
The Lake County Community Fund provides a means to expand the capacity of local organizations, promote and facilitate giving opportunities, and inspire investment in Lake County.
We envision a Lake County that has an abundance of sustainable philanthropic resources to support a thriving community.
Our work will be guided and informed by our beliefs in and commitment to:
- Local. We value support for local people, businesses and organizations and strive to support those entities through our communications, operations and grant-making.
- Community. We value community input, guidance and support, all of which are critical as we strive to understand community needs and fund initiatives to address them.
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion. Our community is home to people from a range of backgrounds and beliefs, cultures and traditions, opinions and experiences; we value diversity, equity and inclusion because our initiatives are stronger when we draw on the rich perspectives our community offers.
- Collaboration. We value collaboration because positive impacts are greater when we work together to harness our collective strengths.
- Heritage. We value Leadville’s rich heritage – our mining history, mountain culture and our unparalleled landscape makes ours an extraordinary community and serves as an inspiration to locals and visitors alike.
LCCF’s aim is not to compete with other community organizations, but instead to create a more efficient way for donors to make a gift, grant, or contribution to a variety of causes in Lake County.
A new community foundation serving Leadville and Lake County, the Lake County Community Fund is an IRS approved 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Why a community fund?
The LCCF was established to create a sustainable funding source to accomplish collective goals for the Lake County community. (See our history.) It will do the following:
- Support grant making in Lake County.
- Give grants in areas that meet current community needs:
- Arts and Culture
- Community and Economic Development
- Education and Training
- Environmental Initiatives
- Health and Wellness
- Be built on diverse sources of funds, such as private donations, planned giving, corporate donations, individual contributions, donor-advised funds, and other grants.
- Allow approved nonprofit groups or agencies to partner with the LCCF as a pass-through agent for fundraising when they do not have the capacity to do so on their own.
Care to share your thoughts or follow the fund’s progress? Get involved!