Your gift helps respond to the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) in Lake County, Colorado
Philanthropy, government, and business partners are joining together to support this Fund that will rapidly deploy resources to community-based organizations.
ABOUT THE COMMUNITY DISASTER RELIEF FUND
Hosted by The Lake County Community Fund, the Community Disaster Relief Fund helps strengthen our community and respond immediately to crisis situations such as the current novel coronavirus (COVID-19). The Fund distributions are determined by Lake County Office of Emergency Management and Lake County Public Health with consultation from Lake County Human Services, Lideres Latinoamericanos Leadville, and partner non-profit, service organizations.
- The Community Disaster Relief Fund will offer flexible resources to organizations in our area working within our community who are disproportionately impacted by coronavirus and the economic consequences of this outbreak.
- The fund will supplement the local health department, and the local human services department, and non-profit efforts to serve all of Lake County as they handle cases related to the impact of COVID-19.
- Approved fund requests will go to meet direct client needs through organizations that have deep roots in the community and strong experience working with residents without health insurance and/or access to sick days, people with limited English language proficiency, healthcare and part-time workers, and our diverse communities, among others.
- The first phase of rapid-response funding will increase resiliency in disproportionately affected communities by addressing the economic impact of reduced and lost work due to the broader COVID-19 outbreak, and the immediate needs of economically vulnerable populations caused by COVID-19 related closures.
- Great care will be taken to avoid duplication of funding efforts and putting state or federal funding at risk for the recipient.
- The expectation is to respond to funding requests within the next few days.
Please help us ensure that basic needs are met, including food, housing, and healthcare-related costs that are not covered by any other source. Your gift allows our community to better prepare for and respond to emergencies by providing flexibility to meet both immediate and planned needs that would not otherwise be readily available.
Join us to support a healthy community. Together our impact is greater.
- Please direct all general inquiries about the Fund to Cailee Hamm, Lake County Office of Emergency Management: (719) 293-1244; firstname.lastname@example.org
- To make a donation by check or other asset, please contact John McMurtry at email@example.com
Should I give to this Fund instead of making other donations to nonprofits? This Fund was not created to be the only way to get needed resources into the community, but to help channel resources that will have the highest impact into the community, and to help facilitate coordination among entities.
We encourage you to connect with and give directly to any local nonprofit to which you are drawn. This is a critical time for so many nonprofit organizations, as well as those who have had to cancel events or depend heavily on public gatherings. Please continue to give to the organizations you regularly support, and those that need your help at this crucial time.
My organization is interested in resources from this Fund. Can we be considered? We understand the COVID-19 outbreak is impacting nonprofits in many ways, including increased demand for their services, lost revenue due to closures and cancelations, as well as other challenges. We are working closely with partners and the nonprofit community to ensure that the funds meet the greatest needs in communities disproportionately impacted by COVID-19. You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make sure we are aware of your needs and will pass them along to Lake County Office of Emergency Management and Public Health to keep them in mind as the fund disbursement process progresses and needs become more clear.
I’m an individual or small business that has been affected by COVID-19. Can this Fund help me? The Fund will be used primarily through community-based organizations that have experience and history of providing people and families with services and support. As funds are disbursed, we will post them on our website. Please check back for a list of the organizations that may be able to assist you.
I want to donate. Can I restrict my funding to a particular entity? To ensure we move resources as efficiently as possible and respond to needs of those most impacted, currently, we are not considering restricted donations beyond those currently available in our designated sponsored funds. The Community Disaster Relief Fund was created in hopes of providing a way to coordinate as many resources as possible to a situation like this.
Is the Lake County Community Foundation office open? Our office is currently open. We are following all protocols and procedures recommended by the Lake County Health Department and the Colorado Department of Health. We are watching information from WHO and the CDC. We have postponed all our in-person events for the time being. We have opened the Lake County Disaster Relief Fund and are working closely with partner organizations to help ensure the health of greater Lake County.